Thank you so much for stopping by to my little corner of the internet, my name is Justine the founder of The Iridescent Wings. I am a twenty-something, California girl, born and raised. So you stopped on this page to learn a little more about me,
- I graduated from UCSD with a Human Biology Major and Business Minor, planning to be a doctor, but I decided it wasn’t for me.
- I work in marketing. Currently I’m a Junior Creative Director and in the works is my own freelance marketing agency. (Stay tuned for that)
- The first time I travelled was to the Philippines when I was a few months old. The Philippines is my second home, I have family there and love to visit.
- I collect postcards, pressed coins and quotes from people.
- I prefer hot and sunny vs rainy, snowy or cold. It’s in my blood. This is one of the reasons I live in San Diego.
- I’ve never seen falling snow and it’s always on my bucket list.
- I hate scary movies. I don’t watch them. Saving myself from sleepless nights.
- I love Disney! No, I’m not one of those people who just go to the park and say they know Disney. I actually am watching all animated classics in order (almost done!), have written research papers on the man himself, Walt Disney, and will watch documentaries or listen to podcast about anythings Disney (Disney Parks, Disney Movies, Disney family.) (Sorry if I sound a bit pretentious)
- I love french fries. My favorite would have to be McDonald’s. (Send me recommendations to your favorite french fries place.)
- I am a self proclaimed Fairy Princess.
What does The Iridescent Wings mean?
The dictionary defines iridescent, “showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles,” and thats how I feel when I travel. It’s seeing the world and humanity in a different light. It’s giving me understanding to how and why people think and live a certain way. You might not agree with it, but it’s important to learn and not judge immediately.
Wings denotes flying, to travel, to be free.
In the simplest explanations to the reason I chose this name for my blog is: I’m a Fairy Princess. Fairy Princesses have iridescent wings.